Famous Rangers Fans

• Es gibt so einige, die "schillerndste" reiche Figur ist derzeit wohl Dave King, ein Brite der in Südafrika sein Geld gemacht hat, dort aber vom Staat wegen diversen "Steuervergehen" angeklagt wurde. Vieles geht da allerding nicht mit rechten Dingen zu, wie folgende Artikel zeigen

Business DAy Live

• Und aufbauend darauf zwei weitere, aktuellere Beiträge ...

Business Day Live

Und ...

Business Day Live

... doch wie schnell er an sein Eingefrorenes kommt steht in den Sternen.

Derzeit sind 12 Rand = 1 Euro

• Andere Reiche Leute mit blauen Tendenzen ...

The Top 100 Scots ...

No, 6 Jim McColl 1bn

No, 15 Rodger Jenkins 275m

No, 17 Brian Kennedy 232m assc Bear

No, 75 Douglas Park 78m

The following defo not Bears

No, 27 Sir Willie Haughey 155m

No, 36 Stewart Milne 140m

No, 72 Sir Sean Connery 80m

Dont knows,

No, 11 Sir Arnold Clark 508m

No, 40 Sir Tom Farmer 132m

• Aus der Daily Mail, allerding von Gersnet geholt .. Daily Mail article

• Ich glaube Dave King wird wohl immer wieder und wieder auftauchen.

:rfc: Simply a Bear :rfc:

• Wie es scheint hat er jetzt aber (bald) wieder freie Hand über sein Geld in Europa und ist die Steuerhaie in der RSA los. Anders als McColl wäre er auch eine Bluenose.

• Wäre ich heute man schon mal auf FF gewesen...

Kieran Prior - Full Q & A
    Full Q & A with Gary Ralston from the Record.

Why didn't you invest in Rangers a year ago?

Pri Arc had just been established and I had to concentrate on doing the right thing by my own company,rather than focus on my personal likes .

So when did you seriously think about investing?

When Walter Smith became chairman and Malcolm Murray became just a member of the board . It didn't make entirely great sense to me .
    Walter has absolutely impeccable credentials but I didn't understand why others wanted to challenge Malcom's position as chairman when he had such a solid background in corporate governance .

You know Malcolm Murray,right?

I've met him and my relationship with him is friendly,although we can go months without speaking . He struck me as distraught about what was going on at the club.
    If I was going to help an institution in which I'm a long-standing fan I knew I would have to buy a stake to get under the hood .

When did you become a supporter?

I grew up in Irlam in Salford and my Manchester United loyalty relates to that community.
    Like most football fans you also pick the most successful team outwith your locality and in my youth it was Rangers. I remember Gary McSwegan scoring against Marseille.
    I watched that Champions League campaign with glee .

What has been the reaction to your investment?

I have an Irish catholic parentage and I will not deny my mother and father but I'm not a man of God. Contrary to some internet reports,neither did I make my money by saving on trainers . And,no, I'm not the child who finished runner-up on Britains Got talent ,although he is very talented and brave for his age.
    I'm quite fond of that type of humour - I take it and i give it out as well. When I'm back home my mates call me Potter,after Brian from Pheonix Nights .

How much of this investment is emotional and how much is aimed at a financial return?

I cannot deny my support,it cannot be taken from my psyche but after 10 years at Goldman Sachs you cannot deny I also know what I'm doing with the stocks and shares of the world .
    Once I see under the bonnet the fan might take over and I might end up getting more involved than I had originally planned.
    My plan was always to buy up to 1.4 per cent of Rangers,carry on due diligence going forward and then buy more if the constitution of the club changes .

Is your gut instinct telling you to stick or twist?

I'm n ot big on gut instinct.If i can get a hold of the accounts and enough corral among the existing board members or fan base to get a reconstituted board I can only see me going one way - increasing my stake .
    However,I cannot be a benevolent dictator,five to ten per cent is the correct level.Why would you let one man dictate your clubs destiny ? Look at Craig Whyte .

Where are Gers as a fledgling plc?

I'ts very precarious and if we don't take the right decisions,based on solid corporate governance.for the good faith of the fans and club then we're going to struggle.No one wants a fractious club.The ideal scenario would be reconstituting the board and also getting a fan elected .

What do you think of investors such as Blue Pitch and Zeus?

I don't know enough about them.The response to ever question Ive asked has been opaque at best. I can't seem to get the constitution of who owns their shareholding . It doesn't make sense and it concerns me .I'm a shareholder who wants the best for the fans and club,who are one.My job is risk and reward.Hopefully that reward in the long term will be to help build a club out of constitutional rubble .

So you're not just another rapacious venture capitalist?

The only way I could ever see my shareholding being sold is if someone buys over the 30 per cent threshold and triggers a buyout.Then I would have no option but to sell.That's the only way I could be bought out right now.
    I'm willing to be a voice of the fans.I can ask now I'm a shareholder,I will never not back up my word .

How do you spend your time away from business?

I don't have much time.I love football,rugby,all sports. I have a very good home life,a lovely nephew James who is three-and-a-half and a girlfriend Lustina.

Are you under-estimated by others because of your disability?

Certainly.It undoubtedly helps me as an investor.

How tough was it growing up confined to a wheelchair?

I attended a special primary school and once lost seven of 10 classmates in under two weeks.They died of various illnesses,including twins who had muscular dystrophy.There is a futility in being afraid once you accept mortality is inevitable.I'm scared of nothing and no one .

How big and influence were your parents ,Terry and Pat?

My dad bought us a plot of land and built a bungalow virtually with his own hands.He worked as a baggage handler and built the house at night.No one knew I had an intellect that could carry me forward.They imagined i'd live at home forever .

Are you still in contact with your friends from those days?

Several of them called after reading the Record article to tell me how proud they were.These are the guys who carried me on the bus at stag do's and to watch the local team play the area cup final .Once your part of a gang your part of it for good .

And you couldn't even run away when you got into trouble.....

The secret was never getting caught.That and telling the truth .

Only one request was deemed out of bounds as prior was quizzed-getting him to pose with a Rangers shirt ,he said " No way .The last thing I want to do is come across like Craig Whyte".

• Sie ist zwar nicht reich, aber berühmt (Cale, kannst du die Überschrift mal modifizieren?)!

RFC und hier das Bild von ihr

(Man beachte auch den Eintrag im Celtic - KnewCo - Thread von heute.)

• Zitat

Fans' Support Has Been Amazing

LYNSEY SHARP expressed her gratitude to Rangers fans for their support after they gave her a rousing reception before last night’s game with Hibernian.

RFC

Rangers FC @RangersFC · 8 Min.
    "Some people don’t like speaking about the team they support but I’m really proud to be a #Rangers fan." @LynseySharp http://rng.rs/1qVB48i

Rangers FC @RangersFC · 6 Std.
    .@LynseySharp: " It was totally amazing and I’ve had so much support from the Rangers fans." http://rng.rs/1qVB48i

• Yoah, sag das eben auch und mal völlig neutral gesprochen, sind beide nicht unbedingt die häßlichsten Exemplare unserer Gattung :D ... schön für beide also.

• Off The Ball today - with Amy MacDonald

Amy Macdonald was the guest today and listeners were asked to text in with a 'football-related" Amy Macdonald song to play out the show.

The song, obviously requested by a Bear, was 'This is the Life' and dedicated to Scott Brown, with the immortal line, played repeatedly:

'Where you gonna sleep tonight? <- click ;D

They read out a text from a ceptic fan asking her to include the word sevco in a song.
    She stated she would not, but she would include the word OBSESSED.

Loved her reply when they asked her about the top gear job
    "I couldnt work for the bbc"

• Es ist leider ein Marotte dieser Zeit, daß man immer mit Extremen um sich wirft. Man "hasst" alles gleich, oder es ist der "worst ever" und so weiter. Ein sehr liberaler Umgang mit der Sprache ... oder eben auch Verarmung derselben. Was kein Vorwurf an Amy ist ... und man braucht sich auf den Fanboards auch nicht drüber aufregen - was auch nur in Maßen getan wird. Nach dem Spiel hätten tausende Bluenoses ganz andere Dinge zu Senderos und Co. gesagt (oder mit ihnen gemacht), wenn man sie gelassen hätte.

Augenscheinlich ist nur Barton der Kragen geplatzt und er hat ihnen allen am nächsten Tag mal die Leviten gelesen ... was augenscheinlich einige nicht gut vertragen haben, inklusive MW. Meiner Meinung hätte uns Barton danach auf dem Platz eher gut getan, aber aus der Sicht von jetzt ist das alles einfach ... und Geschichte.

• Eigentlich hat Amy ja gar nichts schlimmes gesagt. Ein fürchterlicher Fussballer ist er leider einfach geworden.

Lustig aber auch der verletzte Nationalstolz des Journalisten, der dann gleich von Pop-Göre schreibt. :D

• Amy durfte mal ran und die EPL-Ergebnisse vorhersagen ...

Premier League predictions: Lawro v singer Amy Macdonald

BBC Sport's football expert Mark Lawrenson is pitting his wits against a different guest each week this season.
    Lawro's opponent for this weekend's Premier League fixtures is singer-songwriter Amy Macdonald.
    Macdonald has been a fan of Scottish Premiership side Rangers since she went to watch them for the first time, aged 10.
    "It was Walter Smith's testimonial match at Ibrox against Liverpool in 1998," she told BBC Sport. "Rangers won 1-0 and from that moment I was pretty hooked.
    "I was a bit of a tomboy at school. I loved to sit with the boys and discuss football and I was always a bit of a statto - I knew everything that was going on with every team.
    "Growing up in Glasgow, it is such a massive footballing city that it is hard not to be involved in that. I don't know anybody who is not interested in football - everyone has got an opinion."

[Blockierte Grafik: http://ichef.bbci.co.uk/onespo…95474418_amymacdonald.jpg]

Macdonald's fourth album, Under Stars, was released in February and she is currently touring the UK. "I don't have much time to go to Rangers games because I am constantly on the road and my diary is full until next year," she says. "But it is great being on tour because there are are a lot of us who follow football - my manager is a Huddersfield fan, some of the crew support Manchester United and my drummer supports Spurs, so there is a really diverse mix.

Macdonald, who is engaged to St Johnstone right-back Richard Foster, has experienced good and bad times as a Rangers supporter, with the club now back in the Scottish top flight after being liquidated and placed in Division Three in 2012.
    "It has been a crazy few years," she explained. "When I first became a fan and started to get really into football it was the Dick Advocaat era and at that point there were so many amazing players that were signed.
    "There were people like Lorenzo Amoruso, who became cult heroes at Rangers. Someone like him would be my ultimate favourite, but there were so many incredible players in the team that it was an absolute pleasure to be a fan back then.
    "Obviously everything that has happened since then has proved that being a football fan is a massive roller-coaster and you have incredible highs and terrible lows, which has happened over the past few years.
    "I think a lot of fans were glad when Rangers got back in the top division but I still think there is a long way to go to get the team back to where they were and back to where a lot of the fans expect them to be."

http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/39504741

Und natürlich kann es sich die BBC nicht nehmen lassen, erneut vom "club .... after being liquidated" zu sprechen. Tut mir leid, daß ist weder ungewollt noch mal eben so durchgerutscht. Blanke Absicht von einem Haufen kranker Möchtegern-Journalisten unter dem Deckmantel einer Seriösen Rundfunkanstalt.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!