The Blue Room

• Wem das Wetter draußen zu sonnig ist, Sport1 überträgt heute das Basketballspitzenspiel Alba gegen Bamberg ab 15 Uhr live. Also das, wo ich für bezahlt werde um da zu sein.

• Hmm, die Primeln haben die Temperaturen dann doch nicht verkraftet. Für Stiefmütterchen und Hornveilchen aber kein Problem. :maulwurf:

:rfc: Simply a Bear :rfc:

• Wie sieht es bei Euch und Eurem Umfeld in Sachen Corona aus? Alle noch gesund und schon viele Einschränkungen?

• noch alles i.O. mal schauen wielange man sich noch frei bewegen "darf" und wann man zuhause bleiben muss (bei hoffentlich vollem Lohnausgleich)

• Wir dürfen halt niemanden mehr mit Handschlag begrüßen , sollen leere Handdesinfektionsflaschen sammeln. Die Menschen die wir betreuen müssen natürlich weiterhin betreut werden.
    Was passiert, wenn hier der erste Fall auftritt, keine Ahnung wie dass dann geregelt wird.

• Derzeit gibt es noch gar keine Einschränkungen. Aber ich schätze, dass es noch kommt. Ich lebe an der Grenze zu NRW. Frankreich, Luxemburg, Belgien und die Niederlande liegen alle in der mittelbaren Umgebung. Solange ich nächste Woche auf das Konzert in Köln kann bin ich zufrieden..... Vielleicht ein bisschen egoistisch, ich weiß. Aber vielleicht wäre es mal gut, den Corona Mist zu nutzen um wieder runterzufahren! Die Wochen verfliegen wie im Flug, die Arbeit und vor allem Rugby vereinnahmen mich derzeit extrem. Da bleibt wenig bis gar keine Zeit für Fußball und im speziellen die Rangers.... Aber irgendwann möchte man ja auch Mal Zeit mit den Liebsten verbringen. Und am Ende hat man dann das Gefühl, alles nur so halb zu machen.....

Hello hello, how do you do, we are the boy's in royal blue. We Love our Team, god save the Queen, we are the Billy Boys!

• Deutlich unter 1000 Zuschauer. Wahrscheinlich waren auf den letzten 5 Konzerten die ich besucht habe insgesamt keine 1000 Leute zusammen..... Das kommt davon, wenn man sehr politischen und sozialkritischen Hardcore / Punk und mitunter feministischen Punkrock oder Deathcore hört..... Zieht jetzt nicht unbedingt große Massen

Hello hello, how do you do, we are the boy's in royal blue. We Love our Team, god save the Queen, we are the Billy Boys!

• Mich "hat's erwischt". Urlaubsreise in den Orient wurde leider komplett gecancelt und Alternativen aufgrund der offenkundigen Verschärfung der Lage nicht vorhanden...grausam.

• Hu Hu. Ich habe hier mal die Links sortiert und aktualisiert. Leider haben von den unzähligen, die schon im Ausgangspost standen und vor allem Berliner noch dazu gesammelt hatte, kaum noch welche funktioniert. :( Die, die noch funzten, habe ich eingebaut oder in "History" verschoben.

• Unglaublich, es ist April und wir bräuchten dringend mal Regen... :o106:

• Hi fellow bears, I am not sure this is the right topic, but maybe fits here.

So, at the end of January (before the pandemic), two Hungarian bears spent a week in Scotland, I just would like to share our journey with you. :scotl3:
    For me, that was the third time, my mate, István has never been to the UK before. Thankfully for the low cost carrier flights, we bought the tickets for a relatively good price. Our plan was to attend both a home and an away match, and the timing was right after the winter break, Rangers played on Wednesday against St.Mirren at Ibrox and on Sunday at Tynecastle against Hearts.

I bought the tickets for the home game online but it was not possible to buy to the Hearts match, even to home end, due to it is a Category A match, so unless you had not buy tickets before this season, you are not allowed to buy, even personally at the ticket office... So our only chance was to buy before kick-off.
    Besides these, there was a Championship match in Dunfermline on Friday, plus a League Two game (Queen's Park at home) on Saturday, so we could attend 4 matches in 6 days, that is what I call groundhopping! :scarf:
    However I prefer Edinburgh as a city better than Glasgow, logistically it was better to stay 5 nights in Glasgow and just the first one in Edinburgh.

So, shortly that was our journey:

1.day: Fly from Budapest to Edinburgh, sightseeing in the capital city, like a typical tourist.

2.day: Travelling from Edinburgh to Glasgow with Megabus, I think this is the cheapest way between the two cities. After a good fish&chips, we went to Ibrox to collect our tickets from ticket shop (in 2020 why is it not possible to download a print-at-home ticket? :amkopfkratz: ), we spent time around Ibrox and enjoyed some pints in Louden, which is great as always. Probably we were the first guests going into the stadium, it is a stunning sight. The match itself was so-so, as I expected, at least Defoe scored which was needed for my coupon. :)
    Leaving the stadium, we saw many people gathering, and half an hour later, the players started coming out from the building, so it was a chance to take some selfies with them!

3.day: A bit of sightseeing in Glasgow, then afternoon we went to Hampden Park for a tour+museum. I enjoyed that program last time, and now it was also a private tour, we were the only guests! The tour around the stadium is decent, but I more like the museum, if you are interested in Scottish football, you can easily spend a half day, I highly recommend it!

4.day: Back to Ibrox in daylight and -as it was on the time when the Ibrox tour starts- there were a few people. The problem was, when we collected our tickets for the St. Mirren game, the guy said, the tours are fully booked months before and we can not attend. Still, we asked the lady about available places and she said, of course, we can join immediately!
    So, again, if you have never done the Ibrox tour, it is a must, it was my second time, very historic and amazing view, and you can not describe the trophy room! :shock1: The full tour lasted almost 2 hours, we went from the Blue Room to playing area, from dressing room to the pitch.
    In the afternoon, we travelled to Dunfermline, which is 1,5 hour by train via Edinburgh. The stadium is about 20 minutes walk from train station. We bought the tickets in the clubshop, then took a photo of my namesake Kozma István picture, who is on their Hall of Fame wall :rotate: They signed him from Bordeaux for a club record fee, played here more than 100 matches, was sold to Liverpool, where he failed and was named as one of the worst Premiership signing... His son, Dominik was born in Dunfermline, he won a bronze medal in swimming world cup last year!

Anyway, the match was OK, I think the atmosphere was a bit flat (crowd was only 3700, the capacity of East End Park is 11 500), even though the underdog home team won, thanks to Kevin Nisbet's performance.
    Highlights here

5.day: After a bit more sightseeing in Glasgow (Cathedral, city center, Riverside Museum - which is free and fun), we went to our next match, this time Queen's Park against Albion Rovers in the fourth division.
    The only way was pay at the gate but it was no need to rush, the attendance was 594... :scarf:
    We had other options, but I don't think too many Hungarians have ever been at a Hampden league game! Plus from the next season, they move to Lesser Hampden, so this was a good last chance to watch a league game in National Stadium. By the way, the match itself was not bad, we saw 4 goals, a missed penalty and a red card! Highlights of time match
    At the end of the day, we walked through the streets of Glasgow to see how it looks like on Burns night.

6.day: We went by train to Edinburgh Waverley early, but as it started raining, we went back to Haymarket, then walked to Tynecastle around two hours before kick-off. As we thought we had no chance to buy away ticket, our plan was to ask a home fan to help buy tickets for some random tourists. And it worked! :)
    I stopped a guy with a Hearts scarf on and he was very kind, asked where we want to sit and bought the tickets using his season ticket! It costed 39 GBP, which I think is a lot - you can buy a half season ticket in Hungary for that money. But the main point was having tickets, and we had time for a pint in a pub nearby.
    Inside the stadium the atmosphere was great, not so the result. Luckily, at half time, I went to look around, ended at the half way line, just some meters behind the benches. I stayed there when Kent scored, so I saw that Halliday celebrated the most, as he should ;) . Then a steward told I should move back to my seat. We watched the game how it ended around some very happy home fans... at least we could say each other what we wanted because nobody unterstand Hungarian language. :D
    The train back to Glasgow was fun, sitting next to some half drunk fans, who song all the time.

7. day: We had to catch the transfer bus to Glasgow Airport early, the weather was sleety, luckily at that time was the worst through the whole week.

To sum up, it was a well worthy trip, with a lot of memories, as always.

I made an album, uploaded some photos and videos, you can check them here.

:watp:

• Guter Beitrag, nur die Buchstaben etwas durch einander gebracht :D

24.09.2012 - 08.12.2012

Danke an Wayne Simmonds (Philadelphia Flyers, 9 Spiele, 4 Tore, 10 Assists), Chris Stewart (St. Louis Blues, 15 Spiele, 6 Tore, 14 Assists) sowie Clarke MacArthur (Toronto Maple Leafs, 8 Spiele, 4 Tore, 6 Assists) im Trikot der Eispiraten Crimmitschau

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!