Scottish League Cup Final - Rangers v Aberdeen

• Gers Land Dundee In Co-op Cup

RANGERS are heading to Dundee in the quarter-finals of the Co-operative Insurance Cup after being drawn against Jocky Scott's side today.

The Light Blues will take on the First Division big spenders on either October 27 or 28 at Dens Park.

Dundee are fresh from dumping Aberdeen out of the tournament with an extra time winner in a 3-2 triumph on Tuesday night.

Rangers FC

:rfc: Simply a Bear :rfc:

• Scottish League Cup - Quarter Finals

Celtc v Hearts

St. Johnston v Dundee United

St. Mirren v FC Motherwell

FC Dundee v Rangers

• Scottish League Cup - Quarter Finals

Celtc v Hearts

St. Johnston v Dundee United

St. Mirren v FC Motherwell

FC Dundee v Rangers

• Ich hatte auch erst Dundee United geschrieben. :D
    Jo mei, wieder kein Heimspiel, aber gegen Dundee FC ja durchaus mal ganz interessant.

• warum darf celtic scho wieder zuhaus spielen? ach was frag ich eignetlich noch

An alle Männer und jede Frau: Gleich welcher Herkunft, Der Rauch ist grau. An alle Staaten, alle Nationen: Wegen der Farbe wird man Niemanden verschonen. Samsas Traum
    we would like to see most of the human race killed off, because it is unworthy. It is unworthy of the gift of life. Behemoth

• warum darf celtic scho wieder zuhaus spielen? ach was frag ich eignetlich noch

An alle Männer und jede Frau: Gleich welcher Herkunft, Der Rauch ist grau. An alle Staaten, alle Nationen: Wegen der Farbe wird man Niemanden verschonen. Samsas Traum
    we would like to see most of the human race killed off, because it is unworthy. It is unworthy of the gift of life. Behemoth

;D :look:

Edit: Ich hör mir ja die Verschwörungs- und Korruptionsgeschichten gerne an, nur sollten die Fakten von denen man ausgeht dann schon stimmen

"1967 breakthrough for SNP.... and many other good things happened this year"

In einem der wichtigsten Bücher der Terrorismusforschung, "Eine Geschichte des Terrorismus" schreibt Walter Laqueur über die Täter: "…selbsternannte Retter von Freiheit und Gerechtigkeit, ungeduldige Männer, Fanatiker und Verrückte, die sich vergebens auf das Recht zur Selbstverteidigung berufen und das Schwert […] als Heilmittel gegen alles echte oder eingebildete Böse betrachten."

;D :look:

Edit: Ich hör mir ja die Verschwörungs- und Korruptionsgeschichten gerne an, nur sollten die Fakten von denen man ausgeht dann schon stimmen

"1967 breakthrough for SNP.... and many other good things happened this year"

In einem der wichtigsten Bücher der Terrorismusforschung, "Eine Geschichte des Terrorismus" schreibt Walter Laqueur über die Täter: "…selbsternannte Retter von Freiheit und Gerechtigkeit, ungeduldige Männer, Fanatiker und Verrückte, die sich vergebens auf das Recht zur Selbstverteidigung berufen und das Schwert […] als Heilmittel gegen alles echte oder eingebildete Böse betrachten."

• Ach, über Losglück oder Unglück zu streiten lohnt nicht. Hier wurde IMHO nichts gedreht.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/h…all/scot_cups/default.stm

Was nervt ist, daß zum zweiten Mal in Folge die League Cup - Überschrift der BBC die Tims listet. In der Vorrunde war es das unwichtige "Celtic draw Falkirk ...", nun ist es das "Celtic hosts Hearts in quarter final". JA, die sind der Pokalverteidiger, aber das Falkirk-Spiel war nicht "Pick of the round" und ehrlich gesagt möchte ich diese Schlagzeile auch nicht jedes Mal auf der Rangers-Seite der BBC sehen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/h…ams/r/rangers/default.stm

• Ach, über Losglück oder Unglück zu streiten lohnt nicht. Hier wurde IMHO nichts gedreht.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/h…all/scot_cups/default.stm

Was nervt ist, daß zum zweiten Mal in Folge die League Cup - Überschrift der BBC die Tims listet. In der Vorrunde war es das unwichtige "Celtic draw Falkirk ...", nun ist es das "Celtic hosts Hearts in quarter final". JA, die sind der Pokalverteidiger, aber das Falkirk-Spiel war nicht "Pick of the round" und ehrlich gesagt möchte ich diese Schlagzeile auch nicht jedes Mal auf der Rangers-Seite der BBC sehen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/h…ams/r/rangers/default.stm

• ja gegen das kleine Proddie Team vom Dundee FC ist echt mal wieder interessant.Aber langsam dürften wir auch mal wieder ein Heimspiel bekommen.

Wäre natürlich cool,wenn die Maroons den BFC Dynamo c*ltic raus kegeln! :D

• ja gegen das kleine Proddie Team vom Dundee FC ist echt mal wieder interessant.Aber langsam dürften wir auch mal wieder ein Heimspiel bekommen.

Wäre natürlich cool,wenn die Maroons den BFC Dynamo c*ltic raus kegeln! :D

• Hoffentlich klappt das dann auch mit den Young Bears.....

Jep, allerdings haben wir noch ein paar spieler die wir mal zum ausverkauf hängen sollten:

Beasley, Lowing, Alexander, ...

Rangers FC - Scottish Premier League - Champions 2008/09

• Für diese Spieler bekommen wir aber nichts. Beasley ist im Sommer ablösefrei, Lowing hat es leider nie geschafft sich weiterzuentwickeln und für Alexander bekommen wir nicht viel. Dann eher McGregor, der gut drauf ist, verkaufen und einige Jahre mit Alexander spielen.

• Dee For Danger

Andrew Shinnie has tipped his old side Dundee to join the SPL next season.

And he has warned his Gers' teammates not to underestimate the First Division opponents prior to tomorrow's League Cup, fourth round tie at Dens Park.

Shinnie, who is currently out of action due to a foot injury, enjoyed a successful seven-month loan spell in the City of Discovery last season in which he gained valuable first-team experience.

Having been a regular with Rangers' Reserves for a few years moving up to Dundee gave the midfielder a chance to test his skills week in, week out with a title chasing side.

And although the Dees failed to gain the promotion place they craved Andy firmly believes they can achieve this aim come next May.

Jocky Scott's men are now top of the First Division and they have already taken an SPL scalp in the Cup, beating Aberdeen 3-2 at home in the third round.

Rangers, of course, will be favourites to progress in the tournament but Shinnie expects it to be a typical Cup clash with Dundee out to cause another major upset.

He said: "I think it will be a very good game.

"I was up at Dundee last season when we played Celtic at Parkhead in the Scottish Cup so that was a big occasion for the club.

"I know how much they were up for that game so the Rangers match will be exactly the same.

"The fact it's at Dens will make it a great game and it's never an easy place to go.

"Cup ties can always throw up a shock as we have seen in the past but at Rangers you are expected to win these games."

Shinnie, 20, believes that in Jocky Scott they have a manager in a similar mould to his boss at Ibrox Walter Smith.

At 61 both gaffers know the Scottish game inside out and Andy is not surprised that the pair are good friends away from the high pressure the environment they work in.

He said: "It's true that Jocky and the gaffer are probably similar in many ways.

"Both know to get the best out of their players and they expect very high standards.

"There were times when I was at Dens where Jocky would not have to say very much to the players before games as we all knew what we had to do on the pitch.

"So the boys up there will give 100 per cent but Rangers will be favourites and if we can play to our best I am confident we will progress."

Shinnie has no doubt that Scott will have his players ready for a promotion push this season and the manager bulked his squad considerably in the summer.

New signings Richard Hart (Ross County), Partick Clarke (Clyde), Tony Bullock (Montrose), Leigh Griffiths (Livingston), Sean Higgins (Ross County), Gary Harkins (Partick Thistle) and Chris Casement (Ipswich Town) have brought a fresh look to the Dundee's starting eleven and increased the expectation level in the process.

Andy said: "They'll definitely be fighting up at the top of the league this season and the money they have spent I think they should be doing that.

"It would be a big disappointment if the club doesn't get promotion.

"The fans are very passionate at Dundee and they, like their manager, have high standards.

"The club has had a lot of top players over the years so maybe those days will start to come back with the money they are investing.

"But they are really starting to rack up the wins now which is great to see although it doesn't surprise me.

"When I was up there I was I was impressed with a lot of players.

"Jim Laughlan is obviously a very experienced centre-half and he helped me settle a lot, he never shuts up!

"I also played alongside Colin Cameron who is a very established player although he had just come back from injury.

"Georgos Efrem also joined me up there from Rangers so it was good to have a familiar face around.

"Overall it turned out to be a great move for me and I really enjoyed my time at the club.

"I kind of needed to get away from Reserve football for a while and being at Dundee put me in an environment where you have to try and win every game and there is a pressure on you to do that.

"To get a feel of being in a first-team and preparing for big games every Saturday was hugely beneficial for me and I think I did well.

"It really gave me the experience I needed to come back to Murray Park."

Rangers FC

• Let's Get Back To Business

Since coming back to Rangers in January 2007 Walter Smith has only lost one domestic cup match and he wants to keep this record intact against Dundee tomorrow night.

Defeat to Celtic in this year's League Cup final has been the only blip for the gaffer who has enjoyed two Scottish Cup and one League Cup success in his second spell at Ibrox.

The Light Blues will attempt to reach the semi-final stage of this year's tournament when they take on Jock Scott's men at Dens and Smith is expecting a 90 minute battle against the First Division leaders.

Off-the-field issues have grabbed the headlines following the 1-1 draw with Hibs on Saturday but he has no doubt his players will focus on getting back to winning ways.

He said: "When there is a level of negativity around it affects everyone, never mind just the players.

"But the thing we have to concentrate on are the results from the games.

"We had an extremely bad result and performance last week in the Champions League.

"On Saturday, however, we had a really good match against Hibs and both teams deserve a bit of credit for the way they played in that one.

"Now we have difficult cup game coming up so while there maybe levels of negativity around the place we can't allow it to affect us.

"We have to try and overcome that as Dundee will be an extremely difficult game for us.

"They brought in half a dozen new players in the summer and it has maybe taken a bit of time for their team to settle down.

"But they are getting there now and went top of the league at the weekend.

"So they will look forward to coming up against SPL opposition again having beaten Aberdeen in the last round.

"It will be a big night for them and we will have to go in to the game in the right manner as we have done in most of our cup ties in the past couple of years.

"Of course we lost the League Cup final against Celtic earlier this year but we have managed to win the rest of our games since I have come back so hopefully we can keep that going."

Smith spent the majority of his playing career in Dundee with the Tangerines and he believes it will not be long before the city has two teams in the SPL again.

He added: "In my mind I have always viewed Dundee as an SPL side.

"Maybe I am a bit old fashioned but I always think they should be in the top flight.

"I think they are favourites to go up this season and they are currently a Premier Divison side in all but name.

"We have had difficult cup games against First Division opposition in recent seasons and this one will be another very tough hurdle to overcome."

Rangers FC

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!