The Bravehearts

• Scotland stars are raging at what they believe is unfair treatment of Rangers' Barry Ferguson and Allan McGregor following their drinking session and V-sign antics while on Scotland international duty. (News of the World)

:rfc: Simply a Bear :rfc:

• Ian Ferguson Blasts Tartan Army !

NQ Fury Boss Ian Ferguson has weighed in on the recent Barry Ferguson, Allan McGregor National team debate, well its more fallout than debate with the ex Rangers, St Mirren & Scotland International firing a salvo @ Scotland Supporters famously known around the world as the Tartan Army.

"Tartan Army - get a grip of yourselves," the normally reserved Ferguson told Sky Sports that the Tartan Army have made the pair scapegoats regarding Scotland's recent poor performances, they were banned from ever representing Scotland again whilst receiving further punishment from their club sides after the ill fated all night bender (following a loss to Holland) & subsequent finger waving episode after being dumped to the bench for Scotland’s next match with Iceland (the Scotland players had been in camp between vital world cup qualifying matches when events turned sour) ...

"You're the supporters of the national team. It is not about you, it's about the team. Give them some support.

"Let the boy (Barry) do what he's good at, let him go and play football." Ferguson further retorted.

Ian Ferguson though does have form or what you could call history & is no stranger to the vicious verbatim that can be hurled from the nations supposed support (Social BBQ’s with this group of supporters are out of the question!). Fergie infamously gave the fans a massive spray after a match V’s Estonia & never played for Scotland again.

"I had the same sort of thing with the Tartan Army before, a microphone was put in front of me and I shouted some obscenities towards them. It recorded all over the world,”.

"I had the same sort of run in with them but I think people over-react and over-analyze, there's more to life then all of this.

"We all do stupid things and as we get older we start to regret more."

However on the finger waving gestures that followed the all night drinking session Fergie admits the two players were @ worst silly & agrees they should not have spent the fateful night drinking until 4am but didn’t absolve current Scotland Manager George Burley from accepting some of the blame.

"I think what they did (the Guy Fawkes Gestures) was silly, they deserved to get their knuckles rapped for that.

"They should have just had their drink and then gone to bed.

"But George Burley has to take a bit of the blame for letting players go and drink until 4am."

In addition to this Ferguson believes if given the chance than his Rangers namesake can prove the critics wrong…

"I'm not sure if Barry wants to play again but if he ever gets chance to he will shut some people up. "

Since this fallout the door has remained slightly open for Goal keeper Allan Mcgregor to make a return at some stage, however the door looks firmly shut on Barry Ferguson's international career.

[skysportsuk]

• Ian Ferguson Blasts Tartan Army !

NQ Fury Boss Ian Ferguson has weighed in on the recent Barry Ferguson, Allan McGregor National team debate, well its more fallout than debate with the ex Rangers, St Mirren & Scotland International firing a salvo @ Scotland Supporters famously known around the world as the Tartan Army.

"Tartan Army - get a grip of yourselves," the normally reserved Ferguson told Sky Sports that the Tartan Army have made the pair scapegoats regarding Scotland's recent poor performances, they were banned from ever representing Scotland again whilst receiving further punishment from their club sides after the ill fated all night bender (following a loss to Holland) & subsequent finger waving episode after being dumped to the bench for Scotland’s next match with Iceland (the Scotland players had been in camp between vital world cup qualifying matches when events turned sour) ...

"You're the supporters of the national team. It is not about you, it's about the team. Give them some support.

"Let the boy (Barry) do what he's good at, let him go and play football." Ferguson further retorted.

Ian Ferguson though does have form or what you could call history & is no stranger to the vicious verbatim that can be hurled from the nations supposed support (Social BBQ’s with this group of supporters are out of the question!). Fergie infamously gave the fans a massive spray after a match V’s Estonia & never played for Scotland again.

"I had the same sort of thing with the Tartan Army before, a microphone was put in front of me and I shouted some obscenities towards them. It recorded all over the world,”.

"I had the same sort of run in with them but I think people over-react and over-analyze, there's more to life then all of this.

"We all do stupid things and as we get older we start to regret more."

However on the finger waving gestures that followed the all night drinking session Fergie admits the two players were @ worst silly & agrees they should not have spent the fateful night drinking until 4am but didn’t absolve current Scotland Manager George Burley from accepting some of the blame.

"I think what they did (the Guy Fawkes Gestures) was silly, they deserved to get their knuckles rapped for that.

"They should have just had their drink and then gone to bed.

"But George Burley has to take a bit of the blame for letting players go and drink until 4am."

In addition to this Ferguson believes if given the chance than his Rangers namesake can prove the critics wrong…

"I'm not sure if Barry wants to play again but if he ever gets chance to he will shut some people up. "

Since this fallout the door has remained slightly open for Goal keeper Allan Mcgregor to make a return at some stage, however the door looks firmly shut on Barry Ferguson's international career.

[skysportsuk]

• Naisy In B Squad

By Andrew Dickson

STEVEN NAISMITH has been named in the Scotland B squad for next week's friendly with Northern Ireland at Broadwood.

The 22-year-old has been back in action since he came back from a serious knee injury in December.

But he has struggled to get as much game time as he'd have liked and while he has made 10 appearances, only four of them have been as a starter.

As such, he has been allowed to join George Burley's second string to build up match fitness as the title race edges closer to its climax.

It had been agreed that no Old Firm players would be involved in the game at Cumbernauld on May 6.

But both Naismith and Celtic's Mark Wilson have been brought into the 17-man pool for the sake of getting extra practice under their belts.

Former Rangers midfielder Steven Hughes is the only other man with Ibrox connections named in the group.

SQUAD:

Goalkeepers:

David Marshall (Norwich City)
    Iain Turner (Everton, on loan to Nottingham Forest)

Darren Barr (Falkirk)
    Scott Cuthbert (Celtic, on loan to St Mirren)
    Brian Easton (Hamilton Academical)
    Steven Hammell (Motherwell)
    Mark Reynolds (Motherwell)
    Mark Wilson (Celtic)

Midfielders:

Scott Arfield (Falkirk)
    Barry Bannan (Aston Villa, on loan to Derby County)
    Craig Bryson (Kilmarnock)
    Graham Dorrans (West Bromwich Albion)
    Stephen Hughes (Motherwell)
    Ross Wallace (Preston North End)

Forwards:

David Clarkson (Motherwell)
    Paul Gallacher (Blackburn Rovers, on loan to Plymouth Argyle)
    STEVEN NAISMITH (RANGERS)

• BOYD REJECTS BURLEY'S OLIVE BRANCH

Kris Boyd slammed the door on a Scotland return under George Burley after the manager once again extended an olive branch to the Rangers striker.

Boyd made a dramatic exit from the international stage in October after becoming frustrated with a lack of opportunities under Burley.

The Ibrox hitman, 25, vowed never to return while the former Ipswich and Hearts boss remained in charge.

Burley has extended numerous invitations for Boyd to change his mind since, the latest of which came on Wednesday when he announced his squad for next Wednesday's B international against Northern Ireland.

But when informed of Burley's comments, Boyd was unmoved.

"I made my decision at the time, I've come back to club level and I'm happy," he said.

"I'm enjoying my football again and I'll continue doing that."

He added: "I'm not wanting to speak about it. The most important thing for me is to concentrate on Rangers at this precise moment in time, and whatever happens in time with Scotland happens."

Boyd has maintained his remarkable goalscoring record at club level this season, netting 29 times in all competitions.

He is in particularly fine form at the moment, scoring five goals in his last five games, including his 100th for Rangers in Saturday's Homecoming Scottish Cup semi-final win against St Mirren.

He would doubtless walk straight back into Burley's plans were he to change his stance but he insisted he had no regrets.

He did admit he had a point to prove after making such a momentous decision.

"I had to prove to myself that I was good enough to play at club level again and I've done that," he said.

"I've got myself back in the team and starting most weeks.

"Hopefully that can continue until the end of the season."

Burley was earlier asked what he would do were Boyd to apologise and make himself available again.

He said: "Kris made a decision and it's up to him to change.

"They key thing for me, for Scotland, is that everybody is desperate to play for their country and focused. Because, if we don't have that, we don't have anything.

"The team is the most important thing. We need players that are very focused and pushing ahead. That's the only thing we are concentrating on.

"If Kris wants to play for Scotland then great, he needs to speak to me about that.

"But we need players who are totally committed. I think everybody in Scotland realises that."
    SL

• Eben live auf SSN:

Journalist zu Boyd: "George Burley said that if you apologize you would be considered again."

Boyd: "At the end of the day as long as i'm scoring for Rangers and we're winning i'm happy."

nuff said. :D

• Scots Call for Webster

Andy Webster has been added to George Burley's Scotland B squad for tomorrow's meeting with Northern Ireland.

The central defender has had a tough season in terms of first team football but has been a stand out for Tommy Wilson's reserve side and has been rewarded with a return to the international scene for the first time under Burley.

Webster will join preparations with fellow Ger Stevie Naismith and former team mate Chris Burke as they get ready to welcome Northern Ireland to Broadwood Stadium for a 7.30pm kick off.

It will be a welcome return to Scotland duty for a player whose last cap came back in March 2006 against Switzerland when Walter Smith selected him alongside current Rangers stars Davie Weir, Christian Dailly, Kenny Miller and Barry Ferguson for his 22nd appearance in an international shirt.

Gers reserve coach Wilson, who will make do without Webster for today's trip to Inverness, believes Webster is due his chance after a season of hard work.

He said: "Andy has been improving as the season has gone on, he has played well for us and is looking strong.

"This call up is thoroughly deserved and it will be a good preparation for him should he get a recall to the first team before the end of the season."

Rangers FC

• Heute Abend B-Länderspiel:

Schottland v Nordirland

• Schaut nicht so aus. Dreht sich heute einfach alles um Chelsea v Barca.

• samma wann spielen die find nirgends nen stream

An alle Männer und jede Frau: Gleich welcher Herkunft, Der Rauch ist grau. An alle Staaten, alle Nationen: Wegen der Farbe wird man Niemanden verschonen. Samsas Traum
    we would like to see most of the human race killed off, because it is unworthy. It is unworthy of the gift of life. Behemoth

• Sieht auch schlecht aus mit nem Stream. Spiel läuft seit 20:30 Uhr.

• scotland b one nil up goal from andy webster made by chris burke :D:augen:

Rangers FC - Scottish Premier League - Champions 2008/09

• Andy Webster - All he does is score goals :D

• Webster On Target

ANDY WEBSTER marked his return to the international stage with a goal as a Scotland 'B' squad beat Northern Ireland 3-0 at Broadwood. Andy Webster scores the opener in Scotland B's 3-0 win over Northern IrelandThe towering defender was drafted in to national set-up by George Burley earlier this week and he rewarded his manager's faith with the opening goal early in the second-half. Andy slotted home a rebound after his initial header was saved by Jonny Tuffey. It was a great moment for the Gers' man who has been unable to push in to Walter Smith's plans this season. Peterborough winger George Boyd - who qualifies through a Scottish grandfather - scored his side's second on his debut with substitute Leigh Griffiths also hitting the net. Steven Naismith enjoyed an impressive evening despite atrocious conditions in Cumbernauld while Andrew Little started for the visitors and will will have benefitted hugely from the experience.

Rangers FC

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!