Rangers News

• Stars Get Longer Break

by Lindsay Herron

WALTER SMITH has given special dispensation to some of his top stars for a longer close season break after heavy involvement over the summer.

Madjid Bougherra and Aaron have been allowed another week off while DaMarcus Beasley is not due back until July 23 when the team flies out to Germany for a training and three-match trip.

Bougherra scored in a 2-0 win for Algeria in a vital World Cup qualifier in Zambia on June 20 while Aaron won a gold medal by lifting the Mediterranean Cup under-20 tournament with the Spanish national side last weekend.

Meanwhile Beasley has been busy with the US National team playing in World Cup qualifiers and Confederations Cup matches.

Smith told Rangers World: "Aaron has been playing under-21 tournaments and has been given a week's dispensation to give him a chance to have a break with his family in Spain.

"Bougherra has also been given another week as he was involved in a World Cup qualifier near the end of June,

"Beasley will join us in Germany because he has been playing with the USA all summer.

"But it won't do him much harm because he missed quite a bit of last season with injuries so the constant playing in the close season won't affect him as it might have done other players."

Rangers FC

:rfc: Simply a Bear :rfc:

• We Won't Sell Stars

Exclusive by Lindsay Herron

RANGERS have insisted there are no plans to sell ANY of their major assets as they get ready to defend the SPL title and embark on a new European adventure.

There has been press speculation all summer about clubs from England and abroad coming in for men like Madjid Bougherra and Steve Davis.

However, in an exclusive interview with rangers.co.uk Chairman Sir David Murray says they are not for sale.

He said:"We don't wish to accept any offers for our good young players but if we get something that is unbelievable we would have to be realistic.

"At this moment we have no intention to sell our best talent.

"We are no different to any other club in that if we receive an offer that is well above valuation we have to consider it. But we are not promoting the sale of any of our top players.

"I am aware of speculation about Madjid but, as I said, we don't want to lose our best talent."

The Chairman has openly admitted that lifting the SPL crown and thereby gaining direct access to the Champions League group phase was crucial and will by key in keeping the best squad that is at all possible at Ibrox.

He added:"Being honest, it was crucial to win the league. If we had not done so it would have hit us heavily financially.

"It is imperative for us to balance the books in these tough economic times and what direct entry to the Champions League does is help balance the disappointment of the early European exit last season and also enable us to retain our better players."

Rangers FC

• Murray Thanks Fans

Exclusive by Lindsay Herron

SIR David Murray has praised the Rangers supporters for sticking with the team and enjoying the dramatic end to last season when the Championship returned to Ibrox

The Chairman can scarcely remember a more turbulent campaign with many issues to deal with but collectively we pulled through in the end.

The Kaunas defeat coupled with the last-minute loss of Carlos Cuellar hurt us al the fans and then in January the situation looked difficult as Rangers trailed in the league and confirmed that a top player might be sold.

Murray told rangers.co.uk: "I must thank the supporters. We had turbulent times, most notably at the beginning of last season and then in January, but they stayed together and the team came through by winning the Double.

"I met with representative belonging to the Rangers Assembly and explained what we were trying to achieve and then I took a high risk strategy spending money to bring players in after the European loss and the sale of Carlos Cuellar.

"I felt that in January I had to be honest to tell the supporters that we were going into a tight era and I take no satisfaction from being proved right when n we are in unprecedented times even outwith the football industry

"I said then that we might have to sell a player and while it didn't happen it was indicative of the increasing downsizing financial climate.

"It was as up and down a season as I can remember. We finished the 2007/08 season on such a high and then came down with a crash at Kaunas which hit us all so hard and also affected us financially.

"However, everyone stuck together and we pulled through by winning the Championship at the end.

"What was remarkable was how it all came together at the end. There was a drive and hunger by everyone and a tremendous finale that we all enjoyed together at Tannadice.

"On a personal note, I would like to thank every season ticket holder who has renewed our corporate clients and everyone who contributes to the club."

Rangers FC

• :amkopfkratz: Dieser Schmusekurs von Murray kommt immer dann, kurz bevor wir die nächste Ohrfeige kassieren. I)

• Das sollen (angeblich) die neuen Rückennummern sein. Habe ich aber offiziell noch nicht gesehen.

1 GK Allan McGregor
    2 DF Steven Whittaker
    3 DF David Weir (captain)
    4 MF Pedro Mendes
    5 DF Saša Papac
    6 MF Maurice Edu
    7 MF Steven Davis
    8 MF Kevin Thomson
    9 FW Kris Boyd
    10 FW Nacho Novo
    11 MF Charlie Adam
    12 MF Lee McCulloch
    14 FW Steven Naismith
    15 MF Alan Gow
    16 MF John Fleck
    17 FW Kyle Lafferty
    18 FW Kenny Miller
    20 MF DaMarcus Beasley
    21 DF Kirk Broadfoot
    22 DF Jordan McMillan
    24 DF Madjid Bougherra
    25 GK Neil Alexander
    26 DF Steven Smith
    23 MF Aarón (on loan from Valencia)
    28 FW Andrew Little
    37 FW Andrius Veli?ka

• Das neue Auswärtstrikot ist da!

http://img41.imageshack.us/img41/9520/novoj.jpg
    http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/gallery/0,,5,00.html
    http://www.rangers.premiumtv.c…ines/0,,5~1743364,00.html

Hm, ich weiß nicht. Haut mich nicht um, finde ich aber auch nicht soooo schlecht. Mag halt in der Regel weiße lieber. So wie das, welches sie im Training tragen.

Bin auch noch nicht so begeistert, aber auf jeden fall besser als das weiß-lila trikot von vor 2 jahren! Iwie ist mir das ganze zu bunt, knallrot und dann noch bunter kragen plus blaue shorts! Denke aber, dass ich mich mit der zeit daran gewöhnen werde, schlecht ist es jedenfalls nicht, nur halt kein "must-buy"

Rangers FC - Scottish Premier League - Champions 2008/09

• Rangers captain David Weir says he sympathises with team-mate and goalkeeper Neil Alexander after he lost his place to Allan McGregor for the opening-day victory over Falkirk. (The Herald)

But Rangers manager Walter Smith has not ruled out a return for Alexander this season. (Daily Record)

• Ehrlich gesagt, man sollte sich nicht immer auf die Wörter "dropped", "snubbed", "lost" stürzen. Diese Megalomani im Bild-Stil trifft den Kern der Sache wohl nicht. Ich denke, Walter weiß sehr wohl, wie gut Alexander ist und hat ihm dies auch gesagt. Er muß sich über seine Gefühle in der Presse (die das sicher aufgebauscht hat) nicht erklären. McGregor ist eine junger Mann und wird, so er nicht geht, auf lange Sicht die Nummer 1 sein. Das ist's, was Walter gesagt hat. Das sich Alexander nicht gedehmütigt fühlen muß ist klar, NOCH ist das Transferfenster ja offen ;) und man könnte Allan ein wenig herumzeigen. Auf Neil wird sich Walter stets verlassen können ... und auch bald wieder tun, hoffe ich.

• Ist halt eine harte Nummer. Alexander hat sich nichts, aber auch rein gar nichts vorzuwerfen. Weder auf dem Platz, noch außerhalb. Allerdings kam er damals natürlich auch nur aufgrund einer Verletzung von McGregor zum Zuge. So ist das Sportlerleben halt.

Ich würde mir aber immer noch wünschen McGregor zu verkaufen und Alexander ins Tor zu stellen. Einfach aufgrund unserer Situation.

• Alexander hat doch auch die ganze vorbereitung gespielt von daher kapiere ichs nicht so ganz. Vielleicht will man wirklich McGregor präsentieren damit er noch gekauft wird.

• Auf Vital Rangers macht man sich so seine Gedanken...

Is Sir David Murray planning to sell Rangers?

There have been a lot of stories, a lot of speculation and even worse - downright scare-mongering going on this summer when it comes to Rangers and it's finances.

First off, let me state that I know full well we are not exactly in the optimum of financial health, I know that we are at the peak of our borrowing facility and I know that we are still having major issues with cash-flow at the moment.

It still doesn't quite justify entirely the stealth cost-cutting and debt reduction exercises being carried out at Ibrox this summer to be honest.

We have the same debt as Hearts yet they continue to recruit players, Kilmarnock have around £15m worth of debt but operate with a turnover which is just a fraction of ours. Hamilton were even declared insolvent during a recent court case with former assistant manager John McCormack recently.

Which begs the question: What is the motivation behind cost-cutting? Is it to reduce the debt? Definitely.

Are there other reasons? Again, definitely....In my opinion at least.

David Murray wants out of Ibrox and has done for a number of years now. There have been strong rumours that businessman Douglas Park has been interested in taking over from Murray, and Northern Ireland MP David Burnside has been credited with interest as well.

But it is rumoured that when the due-dillgence procedure has taken place at the club - which is has a few times supposedly - The debt levels and income streams simply don't justify the level of expenditure each party would require to make.

So a Rangers side with a minimal wage-bill, serviceable even without Champions League football, and zero or reduced debt would surely be much more appealing.

I genuinely think there is a strong possibility that the club will change hands within the next 12 months.

David Murray's tenure has been very mixed - The last decade in particular has been dominated by a catalogue of off-field disasters - which has subsequently lead to a few of the on-field variety as well. Gambles that never paid off - Not spending cash when we should have - Spending cash when we shouldn't have....I could go on.

It's pretty clear to me that whatever side of the fence you're on, fresh-thinking, new ideas and a new approach are required in the board-room at Ibrox.

As our current chairman has struggled badly in an era when the club can't afford to spend it's way out of trouble.

RVF

• Sir David Murray to quit Rangers role

Published Date: 26 August 2009
    SIR David Murray today announced he is to step down as a Board Director and Chairman of Rangers Football Club.
    He will be succeeded as chairman of the club by Alastair Johnston, 61, a director of the club for the last five years.

Murray said: "For the last 20 years I have been actively involved in the club on an almost daily basis and I think that now is the right time to take a step back.

"I have said many times that being the chairman of Rangers is not something anyone should do forever and I have personal and business interests outside the club I would like to pursue.

"As things stand, I remain the majority shareholder at the club and will always have the best interests of Rangers at heart but it is time to pass on the chairman's baton."

Murray continued: "For me personally, it has been a tremendous honour and privilege to serve as chairman of Rangers.

"There have been so many great moments to savour and it is particularly gratifying to step down when the club are reigning SPL champions, Scottish Cup holders and about to embark on another exciting journey in the UEFA Champions League.

"The club has the governance and management in place, both in footballing and business terms, to deliver further success in the future and Rangers can go forward with confidence.

"I would also like to salute the countless Rangers fans around the world who have shown unwavering support for the club, week in week out.

"They are the lifeblood of Rangers and many clubs would dearly like to have such a great support.

"I am delighted that Alastair Johnston has accepted the chairmanship. He is an internationally renowned and respected businessman and will be an excellent servant to the club."

Following Murray's announcement today, the Ibrox board said it was considering proposals to formally recognise his outstanding contribution to Rangers.

Glasgow-born Johnston is a graduate of the University of Strathclyde and vice-Chairman and member of the Board of Directors of IMG, the leading international sports and entertainment group.

He is a lifelong Rangers fan and became a director of the club in February 2004.

He said: "David richly deserves his place in the Rangers history as one of the club's greatest chairmen and his passion has burned brightly for 20 years.

"He invested heavily in the club but has also demonstrated enormous personal commitment at all times.

"On behalf of all Rangers supporters I wish him the very best for the future.

"I consider it a great honour to be appointed chairman of the club and can say to our supporters that the board, management and staff will spare no effort in striving to ensure that Rangers Football Club enjoys a successful future."
    http://sport.scotsman.com/foot…r-David-Murray.5591019.jp

• Endlich sieht er es ein! :klatsch:
    Ich danke Ihnen für Ihre langjährige arbeit beim Rangers F.C. Sir David Murray! Die Zeit wurde aber langsam reif für eine Wachablösung.

• Puh, das muss ich erst einmal sacken lassen. da fehlen mir im Moment noch total die Worte.

Am besten fand ich bisher die spontane Reaktion eines FF-Users:
    Goodbye server, see you all next week.

• Goodbye server, see you all next week.

Ja das ist schon an der Tagesordnung. Selbst wenn ein Gerücht in Umlauf kommt das Boyd irgendwohin wechseln wird bricht der Server zusammen. I-)
    Kapiere nicht wieso die nicht die Serverkapazitäten erhöhen. Sollte doch nicht so schwer sein und genug Spender dafür wüerden sich wohl auch finden lassen.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!