Manager Philippe Clement & Coaching Staff

• Also, der Zeitplan wird nun wohl so aussehen, dass Gio morgen auf der Tribüne sein wird, am Montag ist die offizielle Vorstellung, Dienstag Training und Donnerstag gegen Prag das erste Spiel. Änderungen vorbehalten. |-)

Am Montag wird man dann vielleicht auch mehr bezüglich des Staff wissen. Roy Makaay, Arno Phillips & Tori Bosschart sind wohl die Kandidaten. Der in der Regel gut informierte Andy Devlin bringt zudem noch Neil McCann ins Gespräch, was ich zwar sehr begrüßen würde, aber nicht ganz glaube.

:rfc: Simply a Bear :rfc:

Einmal editiert, zuletzt von Caledonia ()

• Das Team um van Bronckhorst traf sich gestern zum Essen in Glasgow.

Roy Makaay, Arno Philips und Yori Bosschaart gehören als zum Staff.

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Externer Inhalt www.instagram.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Zu schön! :umarm:

Externer Inhalt twitter.com

• Externer Inhalt twitter.com

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com

• Externer Inhalt www.instagram.com

• Zeb Jacobs genießt einen hervorragenden Ruf. Wäre sehr gut.

Ich erhoffe mir ja eh durch Gio und Team einen neuen Markt erschließen zu können. Sicher kann man ab und an auch noch mal auf der Insel einen guten Fang machen, aber in den Niederlanden oder Belgien günstig vielleicht mal den einen oder anderen guten jungen Spieler aufzutun, das wünsche ich mir schon für den Sommer. Denn wir werden ab Winter etliche Spieler nach und nach abgeben.

• Interview im De Telegraaf

When asked at his presentation at the Ibrox stadium whether he had spoken head over heels for manager Gerrard, who had left Aston Villa, the Dutchman immediately nodded in the affirmative. ,,Yes, Steven sent me a whole email, I thought that was very sympathetic of him'', says Van Bronckhorst. ,,We have both started new jobs and we will be in contact more in the coming weeks. He has done a wonderful job here and I wish him all the best at his new club."

How does it feel to be back in Glasgow?

“I am especially proud. I first joined this club in 1998. I sat here with Dick Advocaat, who was our trainer. In all those years I have kept in touch with the club, with the players with whom I have played here because I had a good time here as a player myself. When I walked through the city again the past few days, I immediately got the feeling of that time again. Because I was immediately involved with the people of the club, that feeling only became stronger."

A lot has happened at Rangers in the meantime, didn't you have a little consultation before you said 'yes' to the offer?

“It wasn't that hard for me. I really know the club, I know how big Rangers is and I didn't have to worry about taking the job or not. Of course you first sit down with each other, in the end a concrete offer had to be made. But I had faith that it would be okay. Rangers knew that I want to lead this club and create the same success as before at Feyenoord. Busy? I've felt that since I was young, as a player and as a coach. But that brings out the best in you.”

You immediately saw Rangers lose in the semi-final of the cup on Sunday.

,,I had seen a lot of videos of the team before, a lot of matches. Last year the team became champion, there is a nice selection and the club wants to become champion again. But you don't just become that. The elimination in the semi-finals was a disappointment. I've seen things that I want to change, but I'm going to meet the players for the first time this Tuesday and look those guys in the eye. What I want to change I will tell them first, not here now.”

Everyone in Scotland wants to know what your style of football will be with Rangers?

“I grew up in the Netherlands. We all know the 4-3-3 system best. I have used that a lot as a player and as a coach. That 4-3-3 is your starting point, but I think I've shown over the years that I can use multiple systems. I also want my players to know each system so you can switch in matches. Isn't that modern football? As long as it leads to victories.” :nuke::nuke::nuke:

Are you allowed to invest and is there something financially possible at the club?

,,I had great conversations with technical director Ross Wilson. I know where the club management wants to see Rangers in the coming years, what their philosophy is. If there are players coming in or going out we will discuss that, but I am sure the club will do everything they can to support me. It is difficult that as a trainer you now have to start without preparation. Normally you have six weeks to get to know your team and to learn a way of playing. That time is not here now and that is far from ideal. But it's just as annoying for the players, they don't want this in the middle of a season. But that's the way it is and we're just going to get started."

Thursday there is immediately a crucial game against Sparta Prague to stay in Europe?

,,I only have a few days to prepare the team. I would love to continue playing European with the team. For me every competition or tournament is equally important. It will be very special to be back next to the line on Thursday. If I see how I was already welcomed on Sunday, Thursday will probably only get better. What matters right now is that I use a way of playing that the players feel comfortable with and that leads to a profit."

Everyone in Scotland wants to know what kind of coach you are.

,,I'm lucky to have worked as a player under great coaches. Dick Advocaat, Arsene Wenger, Frank Rijkaard, Louis van Gaal, all fantastic trainers. Before I went to China I had the opportunity to work for the Manchester City Group for months and I also had the opportunity to speak with Pep Guardiola about the profession. At Feyenoord I won prizes for a number of years in a row. All those experiences make you a better coach. I think everyone knows that I like a certain discipline and that I am attacking with all my teams. It will be no different here.”

• Würde mich nicht wundern, wenn der nach 10 Jahren youth coach mit 38 jetzt als Assistant an Gios Seite rückt. Seine Erfahrung mit den und das Wissen um die niederländischen Jungspieler dürfte auch Gold wert sein, in Schottland ist das Potenzial ja eher gering, aber SGs Mannen haben ja so einiges an Talent herangeschafft, Ritchie-Hosler, McCann, Alegria, Weston und Co.

• Das macht schon Sinn... :nuke:

Externer Inhalt twitter.com

• Coaching Staff:
    Giovanni van Bronckhorst, Manager (geb. 05.02.1975) – Vertrag bis 2025
    Dave Vos, Assistant Manager (geb. 24.04.1983) – Vertrag bis 2025
    Roy Makaay, 1st Team Coach (geb. 09.03.1975) – Vertrag bis 2025
    Arno Philips, Physical Fitness Coach (geb. 09.10.1975) – Vertrag bis 2025
    Yori Bosschaart, Video & Performance Analyst (geb. ) – Vertrag bis 2025

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!