Manager Philippe Clement & Coaching Staff

• MICHAEL Beale is the 18th manager of Rangers with the club delighted to confirm his appointment today.

Signing a contract to 2026, the 42 year-old joins from his role as manager of Queens’ Park Rangers in West London having previously worked as first-team coach at Ibrox from 2018 to last November.

Rangers would like to put on record their thanks to Queens’ Park Rangers for the professional manner in which they have conducted negotiations.

Neil Banfield, Harry Watling and Damian Matthew will all join Michael at Rangers, with further appointments to be confirmed in the days ahead.

“Finally, this is a coveted managerial position and after an intense week of discussions, I wish to extend our sincere thanks to all of the excellent managers who we met to discuss the role.”

• Externer Inhalt twitter.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

:rfc: Simply a Bear :rfc:

Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

• Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com

• Beale nach dem Spiel gegen Motherwell...

He is still far from satisfied with the level of performance.

He said: “We are not playing to our potential and it is on me to improve that. It is not perfect but if it was perfect I wouldn’t be sitting here. It is clear we have work to do and it is important I am honest with them. As a group we are not where I want to be right now. Four wins on the bounce is good for any team so you would think we are moving forward. My honesty might sting, but I am trying to push towards the standards they have set themselves previously. The team I left had lost one in 52 in the league and they have lost one in 48 at home. But, we want to play with more swagger, with more style and more control. This is a team who were capable of beating Lepzig and Dortmund six months ago so it is in them.”

• Michael Beale im Herald über Chris Sutton. :nuke:

Michael Beale has labelled former Celtic striker Chris Sutton as a ‘comedy act’ pundit and claimed he is the ‘worst ever’ player to represent Chelsea.

The Ibrox boss addressed the issue of how his act of sportsmanship against Partick Thistle has been received in some quarters following the Scottish Cup win last weekend.

Beale allowed Ian McCall’s side to score an equaliser after an innocent misunderstanding saw Malik Tillman put Rangers ahead when the Jags attempted to return the ball following an injury stoppage in play.

Beale was widely and rightly hailed for his moment of selflessness and classy call, but Sutton questioned whether the Englishman would have made the same decision if Rangers had been playing Old Firm rivals Celtic.

“Listen, there are pundits that are comedy acts,” Beale said. “There are ex-players who are comedy acts.

“I don’t even want to answer that question because they are comedy acts and they are there to create intrigue. They don’t speak about the betterment of the game, they don’t help our game at all. All they do is bring it back down to the gutter.

“There are a lot of good things we can speak about in our game at the moment, at other clubs as much as in my club. I don’t know why people… Why is that where they go?

“At the end of the day, we don’t know, do we? If I had allowed that goal to stand and we had gone through in the cup like that, what would that have done for Malik? What would that have said about me and our club?

“And also, it seems like because Partick Thistle said it, that Ian was getting the sack anyway. Then you guys would be questioning me that I took a goal from someone that lost his job.

“I think that day worked out about as well as it could have done when that situation happened. You see when people do that, I think we need to wise up in this country.

“There are people out there creating intrigue for intrigue reasons and those people, in my opinion, we need to mute them and quickly.”

The decision from Beale was not universally approved of in the Ibrox stands last Sunday and supporters were quick to let their feelings known as boos rang around the ground before Rangers went on to win the cup clash.

A clear explanation of events has taken the sting out of the situation for many but his own approval rating with supporters was not a consideration for Beale as he insisted it will be his achievements that will determine how he is viewed by fans in the long run.

Beale said: “I think the history will determine that. I don’t think anything I do right in this second will determine that. I think history will determine that.

“Emotions run high, they like one player and they don’t like another, one scores one week and isn’t liked the next. It is the role of the fan.

“Growing up, I was a fan of Chelsea. So there is one pundit around here who is the worst ever player to play for Chelsea. That is why I won’t mention his name because I try to forget him.”

• Die Gerüchteküche hatte am Wochenende aber echt Hochkonjunktur. Aber ich kann auch nicht behaupten, dass ich großartiges Vertrauen in die neuen Spieler und die Taktik habe. Und das hat nichts mit dem letzten Spiel zu tun, denn die Chancen waren da und die SR-Entscheidungen in engen Situationen eigentlich alle gegen uns. Das war Spiel ist es wahrlich nicht. Aber ich sehe da einfach kein klares Konzept.

• Ich bin froh wenn das Missverständnis mit Beale vorbei ist.

Ich glaube morgen passiert noch nichts, aber nach den zu erwartenden Niederlagen in Limassol und bei St Mirren, wird es dann wohl soweit sein. Nur, wer ist auf dem Markt? McInnes von Killie loseisen? Ich sehe sonst nichts.

• Ich hatte riesen Hoffnung in Beale gesetzt, da ich geglaubt habe das er diesen Verein versteht. Ich "wollte" glauben, das er das wahre genie hinter Gerrard war. Das er nicht die selben fehler macht. An einem System festhält das einfach nirgendwo hinführt. Leider tut er genau das. Die Transfers versteht wahrscheinlich niemand. Man sollte sich so schnell wie möglich von ihm trennen. So leid es mir menschlich tut. Denn da kann man ihm glaube ich nichts vorwerfen. Aber dieser Rangers FC ist einfach zu groß für in.

Hello hello, how do you do, we are the boy's in royal blue. We Love our Team, god save the Queen, we are the Billy Boys!

• Ich bin froh wenn das Missverständnis mit Beale vorbei ist.

Ich glaube morgen passiert noch nichts, aber nach den zu erwartenden Niederlagen in Limassol und bei St Mirren, wird es dann wohl soweit sein. Nur, wer ist auf dem Markt? McInnes von Killie loseisen? Ich sehe sonst nichts.

Die Ligasaison ist ohnehin gelaufen, das klingt zwar immer irgendwie verfrüht, aber auf Schottland gemünzt einfach Fakt. Ich sehe es in den nächsten beiden Spielen garnicht so negativ, aber die dürfte er einfach nicht mehr kriegen. 3 Liganiederlagen in 7 Spielen, und wie gesagt 2 davon daheim gegen Grün und Rot, das ist bei den Investitionen und für schottische Verhältnisse einfach too much. Bei den Fans hat er eh schon verloren.

McInnes wollte damals nicht, keine Ahnung wie es jetzt aussieht.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!